 |
| Finish Line |
Today was another group/organized ride. We participated in the Tour D'Amico. Prior to the ride, I had looked at their website. It advertised potato chips and Salted Nut Rolls. At the end of the ride I was disappointed that there were neither on the ride. Not that the giant molasses cookie wasn't delightful. It was, and I ate 1.5 cookies. As we sat at the D'Amico after the race, I went to the registration table to complain. In fact, I told J she might want to wait and not join me because I was going to complain. The wonderful people at the table were gracious as they said they would listen to my complaint. "All I wanted all ride was a Salted Nut Roll and a bag of chips as advertised," I complained. The gracious duo explained that they were at the Hopkins stop. "Oh yeah, we missed that stop, so I guess it's my fault," I replied. Sooooo, the one stop we miss was the stop that had everything I ever wanted. Luckily, the end D'Amico was next to a Starbucks that sold chips. All was not lost. Life can continue and is still good.
BTW- The Tour D'Amico is a metric century (62.5 miles = 100 kilometers). I think this is fairly clever, but I'm wondering if it's appropriate on the Fourth of July. I, however, would rather ride my bike than watch fireworks although I'm sure many do both.
One more thing- Remember most pets HATE fireworks so be kind. I also just watched on the news that many veterans are also upset by fireworks (sound and bright lights).
Comments