My tire light has been on, so I decided to take my car to the nearest mechanic to make sure there were no leaks in any of the tires. Since it's within walking distance (as is my hair stylist), I dropped it off at 12:30 on the way to my hair appointment. When I was done with my hair appointment, I walked home and waited to hear from the service guy. Since I don't have a lot of patience I called back about an hour later.
Act I: Brake Pads
According to the mechanic my brake pads were at 2 mm instead of 10 mm, so he suggested I buy new brake pads. I said it was fine and asked when my car was going to be finished. The estimated time was an hour, but they would call.
Act II: Rotors
After waiting for 90 minutes, I called again asking about the progress with my car. "I'm glad you called. I was just getting ready to call you," said the service guy. It seems one of my rotors had a "groove." They could change the pads, but they would merely get worn again with the groove. I gave him permission to change the rotors and asked when he thought it would be done. He told me it would be finished around 5:30.
Act III: Tire Leak
At 5:30 I walked back to the service station. The service manager explained my car wasn't quite done yet because the did, after all, find the leak in the tire as they were working on the brakes. It should be 30 minutes he told me without laughing. Seriously?!
Did I mention it was raining most of the afternoon? After my last walk to the service station, I decided to spend the 30 minutes across the street having dinner while I waited for my car to be finished. Hopefully, my car will not have any problems as I drive to Cedar Falls tomorrow.
Act I: Brake Pads
According to the mechanic my brake pads were at 2 mm instead of 10 mm, so he suggested I buy new brake pads. I said it was fine and asked when my car was going to be finished. The estimated time was an hour, but they would call.
Act II: Rotors
After waiting for 90 minutes, I called again asking about the progress with my car. "I'm glad you called. I was just getting ready to call you," said the service guy. It seems one of my rotors had a "groove." They could change the pads, but they would merely get worn again with the groove. I gave him permission to change the rotors and asked when he thought it would be done. He told me it would be finished around 5:30.
Act III: Tire Leak
At 5:30 I walked back to the service station. The service manager explained my car wasn't quite done yet because the did, after all, find the leak in the tire as they were working on the brakes. It should be 30 minutes he told me without laughing. Seriously?!
Did I mention it was raining most of the afternoon? After my last walk to the service station, I decided to spend the 30 minutes across the street having dinner while I waited for my car to be finished. Hopefully, my car will not have any problems as I drive to Cedar Falls tomorrow.
Comments
I just got my computer fixed and it took forever.
So I totally get this.