 |
#9 A New Path As of today, I have logged over 1000 miles since the beginning of April. |
My gratitude today is officially from yesterday, but I posted early yesterday morning before the day unfolded. My guess is I'll have many things to be thankful for today that may end up in a post for tomorrow. When one posts in the morning, these things can/should happen.
 |
| Lake Riley |
Since my normal 25 mile route was being repaved yesterday, I decided to try that gravel/limestone? path behind the
Hopkins Depot. At some point I must have veered off the course for the path more traveled because I ended up near the Glen Lake Golf Course. Two ladies were riding their bikes in front of my. I asked if they knew where the path led. It seemed they didn't really know, but they were willing to help. "Where are you trying to go?" one asked. I informed them that I didn't really have a plan except to get in 25 miles. The three of us biked for awhile until one of the ladies went toward her home while the other took me back to the trail. I'm certain to quite certain I could never retrace that path. Once she went towards her house, and I was back on the trail, I was able to ride a little past
Riley Lake Park. It was an interesting ride, getting lost, getting found, riding on gravel instead of pavement. I have no sense of direction and an excursion such as that is always a bit frightening. Will I be able to find my way home? If the my regular route is still closed tomorrow, I think I now have an alternate. I will say it was a lovely ride, at least in appearance.
Comments