 |
#7 Mighty Mississippi
Water is always a calming element for me. |
Today as I was sitting in church debating if I had the energy for today's ride, the guest speaker talked about practices. He mentioned one of his practices was cycling and explained sometimes it's easier than others. Part of his message was using our practice when we're in the "thicket," along with the other tools we possess, to help us get through this thicket (whatever it may be). He also talked about staying awake and noticing those things of wonder around us. At the end of the message, the kind hearted and funny guy next to me asked me a question about my practice and my tools. I explained that today my practice was another day of cycling and my tool was my bandana to keep the sweat away (most of it) from my face, especially eyes. It seems I did have the energy for the ride. Even though my ride was a bit of a struggle, I managed keep riding up to the Lowry Bridge. It's an amazing structure, and I always appreciate different views of the river (Mississippi) and city.
In reality my spiritual practice for this month is taking note (and photos) of my daily gratitudes which always fits well with biking. It's difficult to be on my bike for an hour or more and not find something of which to give thanks. Heck, I'm thankful that I am physically able to make the ride.
 |
Lowry Bridge
This is not a great picture, but it is a great structure. |
Comments