| #2 Thankful that the ducks are back. |
The end of the school year is difficult to gauge. Today is the penultimate day if one is counting days with students. Tomorrow is the penultimate day if one is counting total days. It's confusing, and I'm not sure what to think. For today's last class we talked about gender and the media. All students were engaged which is a good sign for the penultimate day.
My first hour class earned a pizza party from the dean of students since they one the news trivia contest. I'll be honest, I rarely pay attention during the news. Each week there was a trivia questions, and most of the time one of the students would come give me the answer as I was looking at my email. It truly was there win. There tenacity helped them win. That being said, when it was announced that we won the pizza party, I was not excited. Sitting in my room for lunch with my first hour class as they ate pizza from Dominoes did not seem like the way to spend the penultimate day. Of course, it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. Yes, it was smelly for the remainder of the day, but all of the students had fun and behaved like wonderful young adults. If I had taken a picture of the trash can full of pizza boxes and cups, it would have been my gratitude picture for today.
BTW- The pond had to be drained. The spring rain brought it back to level. Today as I walked to get dinner (spanakopata from Falafel King), I noticed the mama, papa, and baby ducks swimming in the water with the bright green trees reflecting in the water.
Comments