 |
#19 I'm thankful for good reads and the authors that tell the stories. |
I'm on a committee (soon to get off) that has initiated
Hennepin Reads. Basically, four times a year, we bring in local authors and musicians (one time a belly dancer) to discuss their book. Last night's author was
Jonathan Odell. Since I had met him and talked to him at one of my book clubs, I made the suggestion and did the initial contact. He was phenomenal as he talked about so many important issues surrounding race. Although I read liked his book Miss Hazel and the Rosa Parks League, I liked The Healing better until tonight. After listening to him talk about his current (first released and then revised) book, it was difficult not to think I liked it the best. We are truly blessed to have amazing authors like Jonathan Odell in Minneapolis. If you haven't read either of these two books, I'd recommend them.
Actually, I'm posting this morning because I emailed myself two quotes from the talk.
"Most people see what they believe instead of believing what they see."
"God is a mystery not a God of either or"
Comments