This long weekend started with a text from a dear friend Friday morning. It was my friend J who had lost her sister a couple months earlier telling me another one of my dear friends had also lost her sister. The calls and contemplations have been a little surreal.
Instead of going on a bike ride outside today, I decided to go to bike into spin class. Basically, I made the decision because I really like the instructor, Brian, on Sundays and because it's raining outside. When I walked in, Brian said, "You know the weather's bad when some people come back. Those that said I'll see you in the fall. I'm biking outside all summer." I smiled and reminded him I did make it through every day in April outside. As class finished, I looked at Brian and said, "I should have biked outside. I think it would have been drier." It was a compliment that made him smile. The truth is I needed this tough work out both mentally and physically.
Instead of going on a bike ride outside today, I decided to go to bike into spin class. Basically, I made the decision because I really like the instructor, Brian, on Sundays and because it's raining outside. When I walked in, Brian said, "You know the weather's bad when some people come back. Those that said I'll see you in the fall. I'm biking outside all summer." I smiled and reminded him I did make it through every day in April outside. As class finished, I looked at Brian and said, "I should have biked outside. I think it would have been drier." It was a compliment that made him smile. The truth is I needed this tough work out both mentally and physically.
Comments