Tonight was book club. I chose the book, Lila, and the location. My choice of location was the Pizza Luce in Hopkins. Although I've never actually eaten at that particular Pizza Luce, I pass it frequently on my bike, so it seemed like a good location. Honestly, when the location was set, I had dreams of sitting outside discussing the book, drinking beer, and eating pizza. Alas, it was 44º when I left on my bike for book club. Unfortunately, I read it as 64º. Although my biking apparel was perfect for 64º, it was not adequate for 44º. Since I knew we'd be sitting inside, I brought another layer to wear during our discussion and decided to wear it home.
The reviews on Lila were mixed. I gave it a 4 of 5 and thought it was beautifully written. Others, like me, were disappointed in the lack of chapters. Some wanted more action, I think, and were dissatisfied with the choice. At least it was fodder for a good discussion.
On my bike ride home, I encountered this large pipe across my path that was about knee-high. I had to literally climb over it with my bike then walk until I had cleared the tractor type thing. Needles to say, this slowed down my time. My time was slow on the way out due to the wind, and I had hoped for a glorious time on the way back in.
Comments
I have Lila, but I haven't read it yet.