| I am thankful for The Practicing Life: Simple Acts, Sacred Living by Sally Howell Johnson. |
Basically, I've decided to start with one that involves taking a picture each day of June of something of which I am thankful. Although it wasn't a practice in the book, it was thought of while listening to and reading about other practices, and I think the author would approve. I THINK THIS COULD BE A BLOG CHALLENGE. Perhaps we could set a goal of ten in June! Who's in? Let me know!! Otherwise, I'll be thankful to follow this practice in solidarity. More people does make it more interesting. Please!
Anyway, the practice I read last night says this, "Walk gently in the world today. People everywhere are shedding tears. Imagine a stone in your hand or pick one up from a path on your travel. Hold the stone and offer prayers of mercy for all those shedding tears." I think I'm going to use this one in August, but first, I'm going to visit Enchanted Rock Garden to find my stone. In fact, I've already found an intelligent young lady to make the excursion with me.
Comments
Why wouldn't I be?