| 49º NW 24 mph Gusts 32mph |
"In the Bloomington public schools, test coordinator Dave Heistad had already cancelled testing for the day before state officials did the same statewide."
Since I tested all day, I was wondering what he was talking about. Last night I was having difficulties sleeping and checked emails in the middle of the night. A message had been sent out at 10:30 that said we weren't testing today (Wednesday). The sender was not at fault since she didn't receive notification from the district until 9:30 and shouldn't be expected to check her school email at home. Anyway, since I read the email I was able to be ready to teach today. If I hadn't read the email, I would've shown up to school ready to read and proctor the test. All of the seventh grade students, however, came today expecting to continue taking their test during language arts. I wish all had been communicated better. It frustrates me that this test coordinator for the district a) lied about canceling the testing for the day or b) knew at 5:15 yesterday that he was canceling the testing for today. Testing is stressful enough without adding this stress. Today's ride was also stressful. My shoes are still wet from yesterday, and the wind kicked my ass. Instead of riding 30 miles, I rode 13 miles.
Comments