My plan was to do the back to back spin classes this morning, but I completed the 75 minute class and went home. Honestly, spin class is the highlight of my day. I have done absolutely nothing. Oh, this is untrue. I did change the four bulbs in the hallway light fixture. Three work, but for some reason the fourth doesn't. It didn't take long to realize it was the socket not the bulb, and that I really don't care enough to do anything about it. Even though I've done nothing, I've been greeted with kindness. On my way to get new lightbulbs, I stopped by the
Uptown Hirshfield's location asking about paint swatches, "Do you have any old swatches that you'd be willing to give me? I know they're free, but I would like a large amount." Without hesitation, the salesperson reached behind and handed me a "large amount." In fact, I cut while watching the local and national news. Why? I use them to help the seventh graders get ideas for their color poems (colors, titles, variations...). Although I have some cut up from years past, it's always good to add to the selection. I have individual colors separated into nine bags for groups to use when we write our color poems. Unfortunately, it's grey outside, and this is the only color of the day.
Today I give thanks for...
1) a good book
I'm reading The Good Braider.
2) kind salespeople
3) geese honking over head
Comments