Today's staff development day was not a complete waste. In reality there were even moments of greatness when I was creative and productive. Actually, I"m even being a bit critical of the day. Except for two hours, it was a great day. One aspect I concentrated on today was creativity and letting go. I'm going to try something new with my poetry final project. In the past I have had students create a poetry book which I told them how to set up. The only creativity students had in their final project was the illustrations they added. This year I'm letting them decide how to put the poems together in some final project. We'll see how it goes. I'm also having them create a one time poetry blog which will be posted on the school webpage. The blog will give me some control since I will have no control on the final project. If only all staff development days were as productive.
Today I give thanks for...
1) creativity
2) helpful colleagues who help with new ideas
other colleagues that seek my expertise and the collaboration that ensues
3) a staff development day with built in work time

Comments