During my last hour class, I checked the weather on my phone. After checking the weather, I dropped it on my desk in disgust. I thought it was supposed to be in the mid 60s and it was only 58º. Later I checked it again to check the wind. It was windy 18mph from SSE. Once again, I dropped it in disgust. One of the students (my honors class) asked if I was upset, and I explained my frustrations. I wanted a lovely bike ride. While one student was explaining that 58º was really nice for this time of the year, another student whispered, "First world problems." My retort was insensitive, "Don't talk to me about starving children when I'll be biking in windy conditions." The lesson my friends, it's all about me." After my wonderful ride, I realized that 1) starving children are more important than me 2) I whine and complain too much 3) I did damn good with the wind.
Today I am thankful for...
1) Iowa State Basketball on ESPNU
Did I mention I rebundled with Comcast and saved money while adding ESPNU and ESPNNews?
2) Another beautiful day
3) Productive students
Comments