I told one of my classes that I was 73 years old. Frequently, I tell the students I am a certain age, and since I never give my age, it's never correct. Quite frankly, I didn't share my age, not even a ficticional age, with my first class because they're the group that made me feel like a crabby 73 year old lady. After lunch a girl came to my classroom perplexed information she learned at lunch. "A friend told me you told her class that you were 73," she stated. Of course, I let her know that I did tell the class my age, and it was the truth. "You can't be 73 because my grandmother is 50, and you move way faster that she does," she explained. With the lack of energy and enthusiasm of my first hour class, I'm guessing both her grandmother and I move faster that this class, at least when they're in my room although I did not share this thought.
I told one of my classes that I was 73 years old. Frequently, I tell the students I am a certain age, and since I never give my age, it's never correct. Quite frankly, I didn't share my age, not even a ficticional age, with my first class because they're the group that made me feel like a crabby 73 year old lady. After lunch a girl came to my classroom perplexed information she learned at lunch. "A friend told me you told her class that you were 73," she stated. Of course, I let her know that I did tell the class my age, and it was the truth. "You can't be 73 because my grandmother is 50, and you move way faster that she does," she explained. With the lack of energy and enthusiasm of my first hour class, I'm guessing both her grandmother and I move faster that this class, at least when they're in my room although I did not share this thought.
Comments