"Let justice roll down like waters and righteousness like a mighty stream."
I feel a bit guilty that I didn't do anything to celebrate MLK Day. Although I had thought about joining a Black Lives Matter march in St. Paul. The march, however, was planned from 1-5, and I had some final grading to accomplish. As I periodically checked FB, since I was already on my computer, I looked and read all the MLK posts, many merely quotes. One caught my attention. It was an article from Huff Post about Ralph Abernathy who is portrayed in Selma. It seems his wife feels he didn't get the historical attention because he wasn't assassinated. I'm sure there's some truth to this, but it seems to me we should focus on the message not merely the people involved. With current racial problems in the United States, I think Letter from a Birmingham Jail is MLKs most important work, even more important than I Have a Dream.

Comments