"But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat; "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I"m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
~Lewis Carol Alice in Wonderland
I don't want to go to school today. It's my fault because I spent too much time grading formative assignments and missing work. As I mentioned before, I told students I would grade formative assignments during the ISU game. This didn't happen because the game was too intense (ISU won). Most of the assignments were graded Sunday; one class was graded yesterday. I wrote the same comment on all papers that were not finished, "You should have finished this, so I could help prepare you for the summative."
"Yesterday, I received an email from a student who said, "I don't understand what you're trying to say. I had all weekend... My mother also isn't understanding either please explain further." Of course, since we've been focusing on sentences, I couldn't help but notice the run-on. I replied by saying that I told all students that had until 7pm on Saturday, and I didn't know how to explain it more clearly. Even lunch I had with a friend on Sunday, involved school talk. Partly, because I asked her to help me with ideas for teaching verb tense to a couple ELL students in my honors class. Even I struggle with verb tense, and I'm not sure how to teach it.
Soooo.... I don't want to go to school today.
Comments