Away in the Manger
Be near me, Lord Jesus, I ask thee to stay
Close by me forever, and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with thee there.
Merry Christmas! Yesterday I attended two Christmas services and was overwhelmed with emotion. Loved ones in my life are experiencing struggles this year. As I listened to Away in the Manger sung by the cutest little singers (all under the age of 5?), I found the last verse fitting for all. It made me DREAM of a world in which everyone looks out for everyone and lives in peace. "Bless all the dear children in thy tender care." Children of all ages are blessed and dear.
It seems the holidays make the struggles more intense (if that is possible). A couple of weeks ago, I had dinner with a friend. We were discussing heaven, and I admitted that I'm not sure there's an afterlife because I think heaven is on Earth. My belief is one needs to take care of our world and the people in it because it's our heaven. My friend disagreed saying she believed in some afterlife. A couple of days ago her sister's doctor informed her that this could be her last Christmas. I sent her a text during worship saying I hoped my idea of heaven was wrong. My WISH is for her and her family to find peace in this holiday season.
I am blessed to have my good health and a wonderful life ( a movie I watch every year. Sometimes I watch it three or four times a year.).
Merry Christmas to all! Peace on Earth!
Comments
And heaven too.