I DREAM of reading 100 books in a year, but I'm not sure it will happen. Since I read quite a bit of young adult during the summer, it should be a possibility. Over the last couple of years (maybe this year), I switched from Library Thing to Goodreads, and I'm pleased with this switch. As of today, I've read 87 books in 2014. My hope is to complete one or two books before 2015. In 2009, I read 98 books, but from my stats page, it seems I average 75 a year.
Today I finished Let's Go Crazy: Prince and the Making of Purple Rain. I'm sure I will rent the movie over break and watch it again. As I read the book, the songs lyrics and tunes came to my mind as the titles and words appeared. It was not an autobiography, so I found myself constantly wondering what Prince would think about the author's comments. I do love Prince, and I hope he would want me to read the book. If not, perhaps he could invite me to Paisley Park to share his thoughts and commentary on the movie, the time, and the book.
Tonight I'm going to start Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets. It comes highly recommended. I'm sure it will be captivating. Feeling "under the weather" is good for reading.
Today I finished Let's Go Crazy: Prince and the Making of Purple Rain. I'm sure I will rent the movie over break and watch it again. As I read the book, the songs lyrics and tunes came to my mind as the titles and words appeared. It was not an autobiography, so I found myself constantly wondering what Prince would think about the author's comments. I do love Prince, and I hope he would want me to read the book. If not, perhaps he could invite me to Paisley Park to share his thoughts and commentary on the movie, the time, and the book.
Tonight I'm going to start Gang Leader for a Day: A Rogue Sociologist Takes to the Streets. It comes highly recommended. I'm sure it will be captivating. Feeling "under the weather" is good for reading.

Comments