Sometimes I have a difficult time staying on task. I also have difficulties when the students are doing what they are supposed to and don't need me. Today as my honors class was diligently working, I checked my e-mail. Each week I get this e-mail called This Week in History. Today's e-mail came with the subject line: Who's the most famous cow in history?: This week in history. Instead of keeping the words inside my head, I asked the class if they knew the answer. Then I continued to read to them about the O'Learys and their cow. One girl asked if that's the origin of the song "Old Lady Leary." When I told her I didn't know the song, she said it was a camping song. "Ahhh, I don't camp, but I do have Google," I replied as I looked up the song and played it for the class. The students went back to work, and I continued to look at different variations. It seems it has many verses and can be sung as a round. Why do I love working with seventh graders? Isn't it obvious?!
BTW- I have no idea how and/or why I get this e-mail, but it's often interesting.

Comments
Your sevvies sound like a great crew.