One would think I'd have a better picture since I spent a long weekend in Dallas visiting a friend and helping with Sports Extravaganza. As mentioned in the link to this earlier post, it's a working weekend, but it's wonderful to be with a great friend and help others. Everyone is always so nice when I go down to help. Friday night as we were finishing set up, I sat and talked to a small group of people. One was a Lion and always helps with the event. We were talking about being ready early Saturday morning for the event. During a silly conversation, I said it'd be nice if I had an omelet Saturday morning. He wanted to know what I'd put on my omelet. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe ham and cheese with a little spinach... and hash browns," I bantered. Saturday am I arrived to find my ham, cheese, and spinach omelet with a side of hash browns. It was so sweet! Today as the Park n Go guy dropped me off at my car, he told me he liked my bumper stickers (Democratic). I thanked him, and he said he'd see me again at the gate. When I approached the gate, he stopped at my car and gave me a mix CD from the 60s and told me I'd like it. It was a bit weird yet a bit sweet. People are kind.
One would think I'd have a better picture since I spent a long weekend in Dallas visiting a friend and helping with Sports Extravaganza. As mentioned in the link to this earlier post, it's a working weekend, but it's wonderful to be with a great friend and help others. Everyone is always so nice when I go down to help. Friday night as we were finishing set up, I sat and talked to a small group of people. One was a Lion and always helps with the event. We were talking about being ready early Saturday morning for the event. During a silly conversation, I said it'd be nice if I had an omelet Saturday morning. He wanted to know what I'd put on my omelet. "Oh, I don't know. Maybe ham and cheese with a little spinach... and hash browns," I bantered. Saturday am I arrived to find my ham, cheese, and spinach omelet with a side of hash browns. It was so sweet! Today as the Park n Go guy dropped me off at my car, he told me he liked my bumper stickers (Democratic). I thanked him, and he said he'd see me again at the gate. When I approached the gate, he stopped at my car and gave me a mix CD from the 60s and told me I'd like it. It was a bit weird yet a bit sweet. People are kind.
Comments