Today I was taking my geraniums to the dumpster since it's going to get colder, and it seemed like a good day to get them off the deck. They're actually still blooming and look decent. As I was walking to the dumpster, a neighbor stopped to chat. Let's be honest, winter is coming soon, and I won't see my neighbor's at lunch. He asked what I was doing. When I explained that I thought it was a good time to prepare for winter, he asked, "Why don't you cut them back and keep them for spring?" Honestly I replied that I wouldn't know how. He gave me a brief lesson, and I took them to the garage and "cut them back." If they don't come back in the spring, I have nothing to lose. I'm now ready for spring!
Today I was taking my geraniums to the dumpster since it's going to get colder, and it seemed like a good day to get them off the deck. They're actually still blooming and look decent. As I was walking to the dumpster, a neighbor stopped to chat. Let's be honest, winter is coming soon, and I won't see my neighbor's at lunch. He asked what I was doing. When I explained that I thought it was a good time to prepare for winter, he asked, "Why don't you cut them back and keep them for spring?" Honestly I replied that I wouldn't know how. He gave me a brief lesson, and I took them to the garage and "cut them back." If they don't come back in the spring, I have nothing to lose. I'm now ready for spring!
Comments