An afternoon bike ride brought new knowledge, so I am blogging twice today. While biking with a science major friend, J, I learned about the black and brown caterpillars which were quite often trying to make their way across the trail. Her mother calls them teddy bear caterpillars although the website I found called them Woolly Bear Caterpillars. J said they were a predictor of the winter weather. When I returned home I did a google search and found out this is documented. It seems that if the brown band is larger than a third of the caterpillar's body, we will have a milder than average winter. Look at the pictures I took. I think we're in for a mild winter.
An afternoon bike ride brought new knowledge, so I am blogging twice today. While biking with a science major friend, J, I learned about the black and brown caterpillars which were quite often trying to make their way across the trail. Her mother calls them teddy bear caterpillars although the website I found called them Woolly Bear Caterpillars. J said they were a predictor of the winter weather. When I returned home I did a google search and found out this is documented. It seems that if the brown band is larger than a third of the caterpillar's body, we will have a milder than average winter. Look at the pictures I took. I think we're in for a mild winter.
Comments
And you have taken some primo photos.