It was cold in my room today probably because it was cold outside. I wore my Tevas with a skort. By lunch I was freezing. All I wanted was socks. A wonderful colleague (J), who always takes care of me, went to the nurse and returned with white socks with polkadots. I taught my last two classes with the socks and without the shoes. My rule following colleague said I was a bad example. She should come in my room during announcements. I'm a super bad example. Unfortunately, I'm not a rule follower and am a fairly poor role model. Anyway, when it was time to go home, I left the socks and added my Tevas. Since I didn't need to stop anywhere on the way home, I felt safe.
When I returned home, the inside temperature was 67º and the wind was 19 mph. I decided to turn on the furnace, layer up, and go for a bike ride while the inside temperature rose to 73º. I use MapMyRide to map my miles and check my mph. My ride was only a little over eight miles, but I rode into the wind, so I could ride with the wind on the way home. When I stopped to help a fellow biker with directions (don't laugh), I paused the session and noted that I did decent against the wind. As I arrived home, I was supes excited to check my mph with the wind, but I had forgotten to restart the session. Dang! I think I was quite fast.
Another note from today's ride. Every biker that I met gave me a big smile. Bikers are a weird community (not as weird as cross country skiers but weirder than runners). I think everyone felt so good to be braving the elements that they smiled at fellow bikers doing the same. When I stopped to help the cute 20-something, I was amazed that he was all happy in his long-sleeved shirt and shorts while I was a bit miserable in my full length tights and layers. The good news is I now have 50º biking clothes figured out.
Comments
Fall is on its way.
Way to welcome it in style.