Tonight I joined my bike club for the Wednesday ride. Although I thought about doing the medium paced ride, I decided it would be best to do the slow ride after having aggressive PT on my knee. The ride consisted of me and five guys. I'm sure to quite sure the youngest of these gentlemen was at least 60. Our mission was to make sure the route for Saturday was set. It meant a new path up to Target Field and several circles around Target field (below and at street level). It was a "comedy of errors." I laughed throughout most of the ride. Typically, I would have been irritated at the slowness of the ride and the two stops in a twenty mile ride for bathroom breaks, but these guys were so sweet. At one stop I was bit by a mosquito. When I mentioned that the stop caused me to be bitten, one of the men said he would cry crocodile tears, and another man apologize. Honestly, it was hilarious. At one point I was leading the ride since the leader went the wrong way down the trail when it split. Since I kind of knew where we were going, I took the chance to speed up the ride. When I no longer knew the path, I had to go back to second place. During the ride, I was actually able to talk (listen) to all of the guys. It was a delightful, yet slow ride.
Tonight I joined my bike club for the Wednesday ride. Although I thought about doing the medium paced ride, I decided it would be best to do the slow ride after having aggressive PT on my knee. The ride consisted of me and five guys. I'm sure to quite sure the youngest of these gentlemen was at least 60. Our mission was to make sure the route for Saturday was set. It meant a new path up to Target Field and several circles around Target field (below and at street level). It was a "comedy of errors." I laughed throughout most of the ride. Typically, I would have been irritated at the slowness of the ride and the two stops in a twenty mile ride for bathroom breaks, but these guys were so sweet. At one stop I was bit by a mosquito. When I mentioned that the stop caused me to be bitten, one of the men said he would cry crocodile tears, and another man apologize. Honestly, it was hilarious. At one point I was leading the ride since the leader went the wrong way down the trail when it split. Since I kind of knew where we were going, I took the chance to speed up the ride. When I no longer knew the path, I had to go back to second place. During the ride, I was actually able to talk (listen) to all of the guys. It was a delightful, yet slow ride.
Comments