Today was I completed the University of Okoboji Bike Ride. It was a 25 mile ride, and most of the ride was into a 15 mph wind. I've never ridden this ride before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. As we were ready to start the event coordinator said it was the best weather in 23 years. It seems it also was the largest attendance with almost 500 riders. The highlight was the beautiful weather and a stop at Terrace Park for West O Brew's beer tent. They were releasing their Oktoberfest beer at today's event. Since I left at 10:00, the ride's start, and didn't leave early as probably 100 riders did, the Oktoberfest was gone when I arrived. The new keg was on its way, but I decided to drink the CocO Stout and be satisfied. I liked that it was at Terrace Park. Terrace Park was the party beach when I was growing up. I spent many summer days and evenings drinking on that beach. Now there's a sign that says no alcohol on the beach. As I stood on the beach drinking my beer and looking at the lake, I felt satisfied. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my MapMyRide app off pause at the beach break, so at the end of the 25 point something ride, MapMyRide said I only went 15.78 miles. It doesn't matter. Today's ride put me over 1500 miles since June. I'm satisfied with this number.
Today was I completed the University of Okoboji Bike Ride. It was a 25 mile ride, and most of the ride was into a 15 mph wind. I've never ridden this ride before, so I wasn't sure what to expect. As we were ready to start the event coordinator said it was the best weather in 23 years. It seems it also was the largest attendance with almost 500 riders. The highlight was the beautiful weather and a stop at Terrace Park for West O Brew's beer tent. They were releasing their Oktoberfest beer at today's event. Since I left at 10:00, the ride's start, and didn't leave early as probably 100 riders did, the Oktoberfest was gone when I arrived. The new keg was on its way, but I decided to drink the CocO Stout and be satisfied. I liked that it was at Terrace Park. Terrace Park was the party beach when I was growing up. I spent many summer days and evenings drinking on that beach. Now there's a sign that says no alcohol on the beach. As I stood on the beach drinking my beer and looking at the lake, I felt satisfied. Unfortunately, I forgot to take my MapMyRide app off pause at the beach break, so at the end of the 25 point something ride, MapMyRide said I only went 15.78 miles. It doesn't matter. Today's ride put me over 1500 miles since June. I'm satisfied with this number.
Comments