Yesterday was the 37th Annual Harkin Steak Fry. Senator Tom Harkin always likes to remind us that there has never been a fried steak; they're grilled. As I was driving to the Warren County Fairgrounds to meet my Democratic friends, I received a phone call. They were at the fairgrounds, but no one else was there. It's always been held there (at least the years I've attended), so I didn't think to look at my ticket. This year the event was moved to the National Balloon Classic Field. Instead of arriving on time, I ended up in an extremely long line of cars filled with fellow Democrats. Although Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State) did not say she was running for President, everyone received a free t-shirt with Ready! (meaning ready for Hillary). Former President Bill Clinton spoke last. Harkin said he saved the best for last, but I think Harkin was the best. Senator Tom Harkin (Harkin's full speech) moved me to tears merely by walking to the stage, and I believe he had the most powerful speech. Iowa (and the United States) will miss him when he leaves the United States Senate.
Yesterday was the 37th Annual Harkin Steak Fry. Senator Tom Harkin always likes to remind us that there has never been a fried steak; they're grilled. As I was driving to the Warren County Fairgrounds to meet my Democratic friends, I received a phone call. They were at the fairgrounds, but no one else was there. It's always been held there (at least the years I've attended), so I didn't think to look at my ticket. This year the event was moved to the National Balloon Classic Field. Instead of arriving on time, I ended up in an extremely long line of cars filled with fellow Democrats. Although Hillary Clinton (Former Secretary of State) did not say she was running for President, everyone received a free t-shirt with Ready! (meaning ready for Hillary). Former President Bill Clinton spoke last. Harkin said he saved the best for last, but I think Harkin was the best. Senator Tom Harkin (Harkin's full speech) moved me to tears merely by walking to the stage, and I believe he had the most powerful speech. Iowa (and the United States) will miss him when he leaves the United States Senate.
Comments