In the teaching world, August is like Sunday night. Monday is coming. Well, this coming Sunday will actually be the Sunday before Monday work day, and I'm not sure I'm ready. Although I typically get up early in the summer (7ish), today I awoke at 6:00 to leave for God's Country. This is still later than I will need to awake once school begins. My guess is that it's going to be a rough start. I know.. I know... Many are back, and many have to work all summer long. I get it. It's not going to make it any easier for me.
This evening as I was returning from the Taco House, I saw this orchard near my across from the vast corn field at my Dad's. When he mentioned getting apples from it a week ago, I had no idea it existed. As I stopped my car on the little gravel road to let three deer hop by, I looked over to see if anyone else was in their group and saw the apples. Maybe tomorrow, when it's less buggy, I'll go pick a couple.
Comments
I'm 3 weeks in now, but I still feel a bit discombobulated. But I've been out of the game for awhile. I think it will settle down soon???