This evening I went to happy hour at Vivo. It's a great place. We had wonderful food and conversation. Everything was excellent. When it came time to pay the bill (super cheap happy hour prices), the waitress came back and asked me if I had another card. My credit card had been declined. The first thing I did upon returning home was call US Bank. The automated system took me through the last three purchases on my card. One of the three was a charge (under $75) at a grocery store in Ann Arbor, Michigan. They had noticed one payment that didn't look like it fit and closed my card. If it had been my charge, they would have immediately re-opened my card, but since I haven't been to a grocery store in Ann Arbor, they are sending me a new card. I'm not a fan of big banks, but I was super impressed with the handling of this charge. The customer service agent I talked to was also nice and helpful. Now I sit and wait for a new card.
This evening I went to happy hour at Vivo. It's a great place. We had wonderful food and conversation. Everything was excellent. When it came time to pay the bill (super cheap happy hour prices), the waitress came back and asked me if I had another card. My credit card had been declined. The first thing I did upon returning home was call US Bank. The automated system took me through the last three purchases on my card. One of the three was a charge (under $75) at a grocery store in Ann Arbor, Michigan. They had noticed one payment that didn't look like it fit and closed my card. If it had been my charge, they would have immediately re-opened my card, but since I haven't been to a grocery store in Ann Arbor, they are sending me a new card. I'm not a fan of big banks, but I was super impressed with the handling of this charge. The customer service agent I talked to was also nice and helpful. Now I sit and wait for a new card.

Comments