Bookmarks: For Everyone Who Hasn't Read Everything
Bookmarks is a magazine that comes out once every two months. It always causes me to order at least one new book. Recently, it was said that I'm tough when it comes to my five stars on Goodreads. As I have mentioned before I think my scores would be kinder if I could do the 1/2 star. Today I noticed that I typically give one star lower than the average. When I looked at Bookmarks tonight, I realized my grading fits their scale.
5 Classic A timeless book to be read by all.
4 Excellent One of the best of its genre
3 Good Enjoyable, particularly for fans of the genre
2 Fair Some problems, approach with caution
1 Poor Not worth your time
Yep, I think it's fitting. Today I finished Mr. Mercedes. I gave it a three. Goodreads readers gave it a 3.87 (average of readers I believe). Bookmarks gave it a 3.5 although the Star Tribune gave it a 2. If I could have given it a half, I may have boosted it to a 3.5. The last 1/4 of the book caused the lower score. All in al, I think my 3 (or 3.5) was a fair score.
.jpg)
Comments
Why'd you give Jon Scieska's book a 1?
Is it horrible? I love that guy.