Today I participated in an Apps Camp as part of our district's tech week. The morning sessions were a bit of a wash. One was on add-ons and the other was on apps. Both were good, but I knew much of the content. I did find a new extension which is a timer and an app, Fotor, which will be helpful, so it wasn't a complete waste of time. My plan is to do memes with my students in the beginning of the school year. I used Fotor today to make a meme for app camp. The afternoon sessions were a bit more interesting. Since I've never done a hang-out in Google, I found it interesting. Instead of Skyping with two other friends, we can do a Google hang-out without paying the additional fee. (The two friends I'm thinking about need to set up an Gmail account!) Although I've used Google forms, the last session gave me some new ideas. Basically, I survived sitting inside all day and picked up some usable bits of information. Plus, I had happy hour with a couple colleagues (one current and one former) after app camp. Life is good.
I really need some seventh grade school appropriate memes to use as examples. Feel free to share any ideas with me!!

Comments