Honestly, it's hard to remember my first year, but I do think most of these comments are sensible to remember each and every year. Some days are more difficult than others, but it's a "great gig." I missed teacher appreciation day at Chipotle yesterday, but I'm not sure what I would have done with two burritos anyway. Monday at our staff meeting super not interesting and/or fun, we received a gift from... actually I'm not sure whom it was from... probably principal. The little flower was in a pot sprayed with some paint that made it like a chalkboard, so one could write on it with the piece of chalk, also inside the pot. It was a cute idea. The little flag said, "Thanks for growing with us." Even though I was hoping for an ice cream bar, the plant was nice.
Anyway, Happy Teacher Appreciation Week to all my teacher friends!
Comments
I actually do feel nervous about getting back in the game.
But excited too.
And appreciative that I have a great job.