My plan is still to ride the first two days of RAGBRAI even though I've only ridden 2.68 miles on a real bike (as opposed to stationary bike) since my accident. Tonight I had dinner with some friends who had not yet hear the entire story of my crash. When I explained that I still planned on riding RAGBRAI, one asked me if I could call for help if something happened. For some reason, I knew exactly what she was asking. She wasn't asking if I could call for help and someone would come get me. She was asking if I would have the ability, perhaps personality, to stop if I did something to further hurt my shoulder (or any other body part, butt excluded... it will hurt even with bike shorts). In all honesty, this is a great question. I'm not sure that I would stop and call someone although I would hope I would use common sense, stop, and call. It doesn't matter. My PT(s) will have me ready to ride in July!
My plan is still to ride the first two days of RAGBRAI even though I've only ridden 2.68 miles on a real bike (as opposed to stationary bike) since my accident. Tonight I had dinner with some friends who had not yet hear the entire story of my crash. When I explained that I still planned on riding RAGBRAI, one asked me if I could call for help if something happened. For some reason, I knew exactly what she was asking. She wasn't asking if I could call for help and someone would come get me. She was asking if I would have the ability, perhaps personality, to stop if I did something to further hurt my shoulder (or any other body part, butt excluded... it will hurt even with bike shorts). In all honesty, this is a great question. I'm not sure that I would stop and call someone although I would hope I would use common sense, stop, and call. It doesn't matter. My PT(s) will have me ready to ride in July!

Comments