My students finished their five paragraph essays in ten days. It was three or four days short, but I didn't have any more time to give them. For nine days I talked about the deadline. NO late papers. Yes, it's poor teaching, but I really don't have the time. Many spent time before school and at lunch with me finishing their work. On Wednesday, I read an article about professors letting students get out of finals if they had a certain number of retweets. Of course, I explained although this was a creative idea, it would not work for any of my classes, assignments, summative assessments, etc. At the end of the day yesterday, my allergies started going crazy. A wonderful young female student wondered how I was doing, "You look disappointed." I wasn't quite sure what she was talking about... Was I disappointed in the class? Was I disappointed in her? Was I disappointed in the essays? When I asked her what she meant, she explained that I looked sad. Oh, no, I'm not sad or disappointed. My allergies are making my day a bit long. It was sweet. Plus, I love that she used the word disappoint.
I was not disappointed in my dad's visit since he hung both of my bikes (that I can't ride:( ). He also switched a couple door knobs, and changed my filters. Woot. Woot.
Happy Day!
Comments