| Yep, I took a picture before I took it inside. |
Today I decided to make a chai latte run during lunch/prep. Last week a colleague stopped by my room to see if I wanted anything from Starbucks, and I was delighted. As I made my decision to flee, I thought I should share the delight with her. She was indeed pleased, and I told her I would bring back her warm latte. I drove to Starbucks and reached in my wallet's hiding place to realize I had not wallet. Frustrated, I looked at the change in my car. I was certain I had enough for one drink, but two drinks was questionable. First, I sent my colleague a text saying the chai latte may or may not come. Then I took the handful of change and went inside. "This could be a nightmare," I said to the barista.
"I'm ready for a nightmare," he replied.
"No, I'm serious," I said and put the handful of change on the counter explaining I was certain I had enough for one of the drinks, but he should hold off on making the second. When I was within a dollar, I told him to make the second drink. The order came to $8.05. I had random dimes, nickels, and pennies left. "If I put this change in the tip jar, can you make it into real money?" I asked. He smiled and accepted my spare change. Everyone was happy. My colleague and I had warm drinks, and the barista had a story to share with co-workers later.
Comments