Memorial Day is known as a day to remember men and women who died while serving our country in one of the Armed Forces. Thanks to LH's Facebook post, I learned of its origin. Former slaves moved Union Soldiers who were buried in a Confederate prison camp and gave them a proper burial. This was followed by a parade of marching, singing, and celebrating. Although Memorial Day is different than Veteran's Day, I can't help but think of our Veterans on this day. Recently, Republicans blocked Veteran's Administrations Health Care Funds. I find it frustrating that those most responsible for sending our men and women to war are also those most responsible for not helping them when they return home. It's easy to fly a flag, visit a cemetery, salute our fallen heroes, but it's more difficult to help those veterans who remain with us.
Equation 100 - 41 -3 = 56 (41 nays/3 not voting)
56 < 60 (3/5 of 100 needed to pass)

Comments
I love that Sanders quote. So right on.