.JPG) |
I took this picture of my leg today after my dad's girlfriend commented on the pretty colors of my bruises. Remember it needs to get worse to get better, so it's getting better. |
I think this shoulder injury has made me lazy. Since I was dealing with finishing my bike ride, urgent care, and the injury on Sunday, I didn't go get groceries. Instead I've been buying individual sandwiches for lunch (not making my own) and hitting Caribou for breakfast (difficult to make smoothies with one hand (?)). Of course I've also had to take leave of the gym and biking which means I come home, take a nap, and watch The Voice... seems kinda pathetic. Tonight while watching the local news I found out about this
wrestler from Blaine who was recognized by his city council (? some official adults of some kind). It's a pretty amazing story, and I love it when kiddos good deeds are noticed. Let's be honest; this doesn't happen very often.
Speaking of good kids, my student are pretty amazing this year. Today I was talking about the need to work hard. One student spoke up, "Work Smart." Even better, work smart. Love that...
Today's Lenten suggestion was to purchase canvas bags. I already use canvas bags. Recently, I read somewhere about people who put groceries in these bags yet don't wash them with frequency. I've started washing mine with frequency.
Today I give thanks for...
1) great colleagues checking in on me
2) great young adults all around us
3) an open window
Comments
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Chandra-crab.jpg
As for washing bags, think of all that goes in the bags and all the places the bags sit and hang out...
Washing the bags. I'm mulling that one over. I am trying to just remember the bags when I go to the store at this point.