Last night I started to freak out as I research my shoulder pain symptoms in preparation for my appointment with the shoulder doctor. After geeking on the internet for an extended period of time, I was certain that I had a torn rotator cuff. This extended time of worry was unwarranted. Basically, I have a shoulder separation. It's severe (Type IV) because the clavicle is actually pushed behind the AC joint which is unusual. The doctor thinks it will be a month before I am able to bike. According to him, I "need to be able to protect myself" before I can get on a bike. Currently, I'm unable to reach out far enough to grab the handle bars, but I feel confident that I can get back on a bike in two weeks. Hey, I need to prepare for RAGBRAI. He also informed me that I couldn't do anything that would make it worse. My face must have lit up because he followed it by, "but you can impede your progress." As soon as I had my script in hand, I drove the the PT to set up appointments. Unfortunately, I can't get in for another week.
Today's Lenten suggestion was to donate art supplies to a local elementary school. Although I am not doing this, I did contact a friend going back to Guatemala in need of school supplies. I'm going to send her with composition notebooks (I won't need them if I go paperless next year!).
Today I give thanks for...
1) NO surgery!
2) Colleagues that are so kind and thoughtful.
I had a colleague come in as she entered the building and tell me she was praying for me. I said, "Don't pray thy will be done. Pray no surgery." God answers prayers :)
3) Mature actions of two students
One told another loud mouth student to quit calling kids names. Another admitted to cheating while the other partner in crime wasn't as honest (and/or polite).

Comments
That would be a good one.
You're going paperless next year. I want to do that too. But I'm nervous.
As for the "follow your doctor's directions," I overdid it in the short time from the doctor to bed, so I am being very careful and obedient today.