![]() |
| Top row third over is also good (he's attractive), but it doesn't fit my plans. |
When I was in college (way, way back in the day), we actually had an audio/visual class. Not only did we learn about inlays in transparencies (or something like that), we also learned how to use a film projector although I never used one in my teaching. Anyway, how the heck did I teach before Youtube? Today I used a clip with a cheesy figurative language song to introduce figurative language. At the end in the montage of video clips, I saw a clip that looked interesting. In fact, I'm going to use it on Friday. I was going to use it tomorrow for a listening activity, but Maya Angelou trumps figurative language.
Today's Lenten practice suggested giving five pieces of clothing to the Goodwill. I really don't spend a lot of money on clothes and frequently clean out my closet for the Goodwill (actually Steeple People). Although I looked in drawers and closets, I didn't find anything to give. My Lenten practice for today is going to be trying and letting go (not of clothing but of the guilt of not following through with today's suggestion).
Today I give thanks for...
1) Maya Angelou and Youtube.
2) Cupcakes at an after school meeting.
3) Fellow colleagues on the scene as I was standing between two boys (one, larger than me) throwing punches.

Comments
Glad your colleagues helped with the fighting situation.