![]() |
| View of Deck and Fence |
![]() |
| Old Shovel (rusting out in the garage) |
As a condo owner, I don't really need to shovel. Sometimes I'll shovel in front of my garage, but when it's a winter like this, it's nice. I am, however, responsible for my upper deck. Instead of shoveling it when it snows, I typically wait until I think the snow could be an issue and call to have it done. Since it was bright and sunny today, I decided to buy a new shovel (not pictured) and take care of it myself. The snow removal guy was going to charge $70 an hour for a two man crew. It seems fair. It took me 45 minutes accomplish the removal of 2/3 of the snow. I had to lift it over the fence along the edge and throw it onto the drive. My guess is the snow removal guys wouldn't have left it as I did, but it's in front of my garage and should melt by the end of the weekend. When I return on Monday, I'll try to tackle the remainder of the roof, but I had enough for this morning. At least I feel it's at the safe level.
![]() |
| New Shovel Showing the Depth of the Snow |
![]() |
| Snow Shoveled onto the Drive |




Comments