Through the weeks of deep snow
we walked above the ground
on fallen sky, as though we did
not come of root and leaf, as though
we had only air and weather
for our difficult home.
But now
as March warms, and the rivulets
run like birdsong on the slopes,
and the branches of light sing in the hills,
slowly we return to earth.
~Wendell Berry
Today is the first day of March. I'm not sure if it's coming in like a lamb or a lion, but it's bitterly cold. According to the weatherman, it's meteorological spring; however, I don't see or feel spring. I guess it's time to endure a little more winter before "rivulets run like birdsong on the slopes."
March 1st is also the day I promised to get on the scale and take care of these too tight jeans. Although I knew I had gained wait, I was appalled by the additional ten to fifteen pounds. It seems as though the gym and the Fitness Pal app will once again be my friends. Thanks to the PT's thumbs up on Thursday, I think I will be able to do something about this problem.
March on!

Comments