Last night Iowa State fought the good fight and lost. Earlier this week students viewed a picture of the KHS girls during a basketball game. It was the game before they made it to state. Most of our students will attend this high school. One of our eighth graders plays on the team. They lost the game at state. When the seventh graders looked at the picture, they couldn't help but mention the lost. I explained that even though it was a tough loss, it was a great season. "Only one team doesn't lose the last game of their season," I explained. "Of all the 64 teams in the NCAA tourney, only one team will win its last game, but that doesn't mean that all of the teams didn't have a great season." As I watched the end of the game last night, I tried to remember the words I had shared with my students. Both the ISU men and women had great seasons this year. I'm proud of their efforts.
Today I met with some pals for lunch. We talked about our first roller coaster trip over fifteen years ago. Dang! Time really does fly. Unfortunately, the same thing can't be said for me on my new bike. I took it out for the first time today since it was a warm 38º (too cold for the end of March...). Three people passed me on my ride. I didn't feel like I went faster on this bike, but it was my first ride of the season. Tuesday I will officially start the 30 Days of Biking (#30daysofbiking). It won't be much warmer, but now I know what to wear for biking in the 30s.
The Lenten suggestion today was to tell someone what I'm thankful for...
Today I give thanks for...
1. First time on my new bike
2. Lunch with friends
3. A wonderful Iowa State basketball season
Comments