Today is a grey day with that wet kind of chill in the air. It is also a workshop day at school. Although I often find fault with our administration, I am pleased when they send out an e-mail saying the afternoon is set aside for grades (on or off site). Since I spend hours doing work at home, I chose off site. I also tried to look for beauty that I had not noticed before on the way home as for the Lenten suggestions. A bright pink skirt walking down the street caught my eye. It was beautiful and sunshiny on this grey day. I also noticed a bird nest in the bare branches of a tree. The traffic behind me didn't allow me to stop and take a picture. Then, the tree with leaves still hanging on caught my attention. How have these leaves survived the harsh winter? Yesterday I bought tulips. It's that time of year when I love fresh cut flowers while I wait for spring to arrive (real spring not merely a calendar date).
Today I am grateful for...
1) the brightness in a grey day
2) time to work at home and perhaps take a nap
3) fresh tulips
Comments
I also love when the administration says work where you want. Good luck with your work. Glad you got the tulips.