Today was a digitize day at the district. I'd been dreading it since I signed up. After talking to others that had gone through their digitize day, I was certain it was going to be a colossal waste of my time. Begrudgingly, I went to meet the other 7th grade language arts teachers at the district office. Of course, it was not as bad as I had thought, and it was actually productive and fun. One task we took was sharing resources for our media literature unit. It's a good thing I teach it after spring break because I'm going to revamp the entire process! Anyway, I was also able to find the embedded video that shows not only women are objectified in advertisements. IMHO, it was an incredible find (educationally of course). I'm also going to try to put together a Youtube Channel for my school videos starting with Media Literacy. Does anyone have videos I should add?
Today's Lenten suggestion was to read Psalm 139. I read it, but the last verses made me not want to reflect upon my reading.
Today's gratitudes:
1) Honest students
2) Productive day at district
3) chips and salad for dinner...woot woot!
Plus, food related... an hour for lunch.
Comments