Today's Lenten practice suggested five minutes of practice at noon. At noon I was eating lunch with a friend, so I saved my five minutes of silence until I returned home. My friend that I was dining with is an amazing woman. She's survived chemo and a double mastectomy as she prepares for radiation. Although they did find cancerous spots in her lymph nodes, she remains strong and positive, a true warrior. Even though she's not yet cancer free, she is a fighter and will continue the fight. When I arrived home, I was thinking about her conversations feeling blessed to have her in my life.
The weather outside is as beautiful as her spirit. My silence wasn't exactly silent since I was listening to the melting snow through the open window. Even though it was only in the 40s, the sun warmed the room allowing an hour of the open window. I also tried to make a Vine. It was my first try, and I guess I have a lot to learn.
Today's gratitudes...
1) sunshine and melting snow
2) my friend JY and Mayo
3) a day of sleeping in... no alarm
Comments
I like this blog entry I read about using vine in the classroom. Some good ideas.
http://theasideblog.blogspot.co.il/2013/03/20-ways-to-use-twitters-vine-in.html
Sending good thoughts out to you and your pal.