Today is another snow day. We don't have school because of President's Day, but it's snowing outside. This winter has been brutal. I'm tired of snow and cold. Since I live in Minnesota, where there are four distinct seasons (sorta), I've always tried to only complain about one season. Instead of grumbling because it's too hot in the summer, then whining because it's too cold in the winter, I choose one season (winter) as my one season of annoyance.
Even narrowing it down to one season, I can't complain the entire season. Instead I try to look forthe beauty in the annoyances. Yesterday I noticed the snow had little crystals that glistened in the sun. Today I looked at my clivia blooming as the snow piled up outside. Kids of all ages should look for the beauty and goodness in each day even when the roads suck because there is snow and ice everywhere.



Comments
And B. Way to look for the good. Maybe next year we should do a winter challenge. Remember how great our fall challenge was? So fall, so good!