A colleague of mine has a daughter in our building. Although I had the daughter in class last year, I don't have her this year. Sometimes she uses my room after school to work on homework and chill as she waits for a ride. Today she walked in the some plastic tubing that will be used for the family pet turtle's tank (?). Anyway, when she walked into the room with the tubing and her clarinet, it looked like she was carrying a beer bong. I asked her if she knew what it looked like, but she, of course, did not. I feel that it is important to know about life and its intricacies. Perhaps beer bongs don't belong in the category of intricacies, but it seems like something teens should know. How could I resist this opportunity? I showed her online pictures of beer bongs and explained how they worked. She now has the knowledge of the beer bong without actually having to use a beer bong. Teens need to know about beer bongs!
Today I went back to the interweb to find out what I could post about that would relate to sankalpa . "...Sankalpa has the potential to release tremendous power by clearly defining and focusing on a chosen goal." My chosen goal since May has truly been on being physically active. Since it's cold and miserable out, I've been being active inside instead of outside. December 6th (or something like that) was the last time I ventured outside for physical activity. I, however, have still been going to they gym and focusing on being physically fit (or at least burning enough calories to eat more food). Yesterday I received an early morning text from a friend in God's Country . President Obama was talking about "The President's Challenge" . Today (I tried yesterday and decided to put it off until today... forget out it... let it happen... put it aside... clear my mind of it... all probably sankalpa) I formed a group. The...
Comments