Sunday in church we were blessed to have a harp player, Dennis Doyle. I was amazed as I listened and watch his hands move on the harp. Listening to him, I realized that I wanted to learn how to play harp. Unfortunately, I want to learn how to play harp the way I want to learn to play piano and guitar. When I was little, I took piano lessons although it didn't go well. Actually, I also played the clarinet which went even worse. The harp as opposed to the clarinet is beautiful and calming. If my parents had given me harp lessons, I might be a calmer individual. Blaming it on my parents may be unfair since they gave me instrument lessons, and I now have no idea how to read music. IMHO every kid needs to learn how to play an instrument. How can I say this since I never really mastered an instrument? Well, it built character, and I do have appreciation for those who can play an instrument. Plus, I do know how to play iTunes!
Sunday in church we were blessed to have a harp player, Dennis Doyle. I was amazed as I listened and watch his hands move on the harp. Listening to him, I realized that I wanted to learn how to play harp. Unfortunately, I want to learn how to play harp the way I want to learn to play piano and guitar. When I was little, I took piano lessons although it didn't go well. Actually, I also played the clarinet which went even worse. The harp as opposed to the clarinet is beautiful and calming. If my parents had given me harp lessons, I might be a calmer individual. Blaming it on my parents may be unfair since they gave me instrument lessons, and I now have no idea how to read music. IMHO every kid needs to learn how to play an instrument. How can I say this since I never really mastered an instrument? Well, it built character, and I do have appreciation for those who can play an instrument. Plus, I do know how to play iTunes!
Comments