This was the 34th University of Okoboji Winter Games. Friday night three of us high school friends had dinner in preparation for the games. For some reason, I've never really participated or been on the ice for winter games. As we talked I discussed how I wish I was a bit more brave and would attempt the polar plunge. As I stood on a snow bank (must have been in front of these people filming... same snow bank), I realized that I would never, ever, do this. While I was wearing a winter coat, snow pants, my new Sorel boots and other layers, these people were waiting in line in a swimsuit to jump into a hole cut in the frozen lake. Plus could I mention having all of those people watch me freeze and perhaps even take my picture. My desire to do the polar plunge is completely gone.
![]() |
| More Pictures on Facebook |

Comments
I would like to go to these winter games some day.