Martin Luther King
A radical not a saint
We need more like him
Unfortunately, Martin Luther King Jr. was mistaken. We still have many of the issues that he was trying to change. I wish people would take today more seriously.
This morning I woke up and went to the gym. This was a positive move. I went before my PT appointment (and the remainder of grading...), so I would make sure it get in my gym time. Positive, I say. Unfortunately, the guy on the treadmill (two away from mine) was talking aloud. At first I thought he was crazy and couldn't help it. Then, I realized he was learning Italian, which is great, but speaking your newly learned words aloud is like me singing aloud to my music (still on October mix), not appropriate.
I moved (in attempt to stay positive) to another treadmill then to the recumbent bike. When I was done working out, I found the same man talking aloud on his phone. Although I couldn't hear the other side of the conversation, I could hear enough.
-It's just another holiday.
-No, like any holiday.
-It's a day off. No one wants a day of now.
-It's winter. It's cold. There's nothing to do.
-No one wants a day off in the middle of the winter.
-They should move it to summer when it's warmer.
Um, they can't move the day that celebrates this great man because it's the day of his birthday (January 15th). They did make it on a Monday to make it a long weekend for schmucks like this guy who think it's just a holiday.
Comments
I love how people share images and ideas from Dr. King on blogs, twitter, fb, on his birthday.