![]() |
| http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/09/world/asia/north-korea-dennis-rodman-apology/ |
The after school program
Focuses on reading news
Thanks Dennis Rodman
I feel that this haiku needs a little more explanation yet not a lot. After having two weeks and two days off from school, the eighth graders in my ALC program are struggling to remember what it's like to focus. Yesterday they emptied out their Feedly accounts, so they could start with new articles. Since everyone is a little hyped up after the long vacation and with a short week, today I focused on one event in the news, Dennis Rodman. We started with a Wikipedia article summing up his basketball career. This was followed by some pictures of Rodman, including the wonderful wedding dress. To give some background information to the latest escapades, we read an article from his first trip to North Korea las year and discussed North Korea. Next, I played two clips, his rant on CNN and his wonderful serenading of Kim Jong Un. Finally, I asked them to find articles and make a decision about Dennis and his reasoning. Ahhh, sheer delight, what could be easier than asking eighth grade boys to research a crazy man. Thanks Dennis Rodman! It's easy to stay positive when everyone is entertained.

Comments
I'm always curious about Dennis Rodman.